Welcome to my blog

This is my journey



Saturday, August 14, 2010

Back from Mexico, a letter from the dr waiting for us.....

We just got back from Mexico yesterday. We had a wonderful time!! My brothers wedding was beautiful and i was honored to do Brandi's hair for the ceremony. I was a bit nervous about being around my mother since i havent spoken with her since the day i had Mason. I do intend on speaking with her soon about how she let me down but my brothers wedding was not the place or the time. So i put Shane first and my needs aside because this was his time. The whole week was great. We relaxed and laid on the beach, spent entire days in the pools and ate til we were about to burst. Swimming up to pool side bars and getting ice cream was great! We all got massages on the beach just about everyday. I got a energizing body mask in the spa that included a body scrub, mask, scalp massage, and full body massage front and back, so great. We also rented a car and drove down to Xel Ha which is a park where a fresh water spring runs into the ocean. We tubed down the river then snorkled in a lagoon and in Mayan caves. It was so beautiful! One of the most awesome days of my life. I didnt realize there was such beauty in Mexico. I talked to my brothers wife earlier and they are already planning where we are all going next year, i cant wait. When we got home there was a letter in the mail from my drs office. In the letter he apologized that it took this long to get to us and that the test results were in from Mason. The letter says that Mason had a disorder called Klinefelter syndrome. Every male has one X and one Y chromosome. Mason had 2 X chromosomes. The dr stated that this acounts for the complications i had in my pregnancy. When the human body detects problems often times it will try to abort the pregnancy. Klinefelter occurs in 1 out of every 1000 males. The severity varies. Generally it is not fatal. In fact some men have an extra X chromosomes and may never know bc the symptoms are undetectable. Finding this out gives me great comfort and peace of mind knowing that its not stemming from a problem with my uterus. I was afraid that all of the radiation i received may have had a negative effect on my uterus making it weak and unable to carry a baby. Masons Klinefelter syndrome was not severe. I am thankful for that too. Klinefelter syndrome is not hereditary, it occurs spontaniously when the sperm and egg meet. The dr does recommend that Jaramie and i have a genetic work up done before we try to have another child. We will in the months to come. We are not sure when we will try to conceive again. I want to wait awhile. Squeeze in a couple more vacations!

Today has been a great day, ive been in a great mood and feel normal again. My half sister found me on facebook today and i have been trying to get in touch with her for awhile. I am so glad, i havent seen her since my wedding in 2008. She and i are planning on meeting up in Oct. in Memphis to spend some much needed sister time together! We have the same father, she moved away years ago to Georgia with her mother. I cant wait to see her and give her a big hug!

Work is going great, everyone is managing to hunt me down before i even get a chance to call them to tell them i have returned to work. When i did my first color the other day i remembered how much i love this job. God has blessed me with a great career.

Jaramie's younger brother just found out that he is going to have a boy, Lee is due in Jan. I got the baby a shirt in Mexico. I almost cried everytime i looked at it. I also gave them all the baby clothes and diapers i had already bought. I also bought them another pack of diapers today. I cant wait til he is born, to hold him.

Thank you God for this life and everyone in it, as well as the beauty of this earth and most of all love.

No comments:

Post a Comment