Welcome to my blog

This is my journey



Thursday, May 27, 2010

3am

I was awaken at 3 am to alot of fluid leaking out. Since i havent leaked in a couple of weeks and according to my u/s on monday my sac was holding a normal amount of fluid. We had assumed i had sealed, we were all amazed and thankful to God our lil guy was floating around! Either the tear had tore again or i have a leak that is high on my sac. We called for an ambulance and checked the babys heartbeat with our doppler, his heartbeat was 153 which comforted us. I called for an ambulance bc when my membranes ruptured in April i went to the ER and had to wait 45 min crying the whole time, i wasnt doing that again bc the less i move and more i lay back the less fluid i lose. When i got to the ER we listened to the heartbeat again and it was 150. They had started an IV with fluids. I was glad bc the fluids go strait through my veins to the baby versus being digested then to the baby. I wish i could be on IV fluids 24/7. I plan on asking my ob next week if we can arrange something like that. They then sent me to labor and delivery and they put a monitor on my belly to check for contractions, there were none. Thankfully throughout this i have not had any bleeding, contractions, placental previa, and my cervix has remained closed. Some women i have been in touch with that are going through this have multiple problems so i am fortunate still. Dr Fields was on call so he came in and said he was bummed bc he has really been hoping for us. I told him that i have a feeling in my heart that everything is going to be ok and that God is with us. He said a prayer with us. He is a great man. My favorite nurse was also with me which was comforting and she said we have been in her thoughts and prayers and that she had been asking about us, the other nurse i had was wonderful as well.Everyone there has been super supportive, God is good. The Dr then did a sterile speculum exam to confirm that it was fluid and make sure my cervix was closed, it was fluid and my cervix was closed. You see this is such a rare case that there really isnt a protocol out in this yet so i have to be the advocate for my baby, therefore i have to really speak out about what has to be done, for instance when i was in the ER they were wanting to do an exam, i had to tell them no bc they i cannot get an infection bc it can be deadly for the baby and me. So while i was up in L&D they also did a bedside u/s to check the baby and fluid. The baby was doing well and the AFI(amniotic fluid index) was 3.66cm normal is 14-20. So i had lost alot. But there was still a little around him. I was glad. The dr decided to discharge me and give me another round of antibiotics. They told me to keep doing everything i had been doing bc it worked out well for us last time. On my way home home i got sick in the car and the pressure forced out more fluid. I also called and told my perinatologist what had happened. So now it looks like i will be admitted at 24 weeks which will be the first week of July. I am home now and i can feel the baby move alot more now, he's a fighter. I am drinking lots of fluid so he will be peeing and fill the sac up again. We are glad that there was fluid in there, it helped aid in the formation and growth of his lungs and gave him a chance to stretch out. We are thankful to God. We also want to say thanks to everyone for their continued prayers, love, and support.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen,just wanted you to know that we are still praying for you and your family.God is great and he is watching over you and your family,too.I know you are going threw a tough time right now,but i believe everything has a purpose and you and your little one will do just great, he is loved so much!!! Love Donna,Karen and Brittney we will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristen! I just found out about last Saturday when I called the shop. Girl, I've read all your posts and want to let you know that you, Jaramie & your baby are in my prayers. God has a reason for everything & a special plan. You have my # so call me if you need anything! Love,
    Jessica Mills

    ReplyDelete