Welcome to my blog

This is my journey



Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Beginning

I took the day off bc like most days i wasn't feeling good. Ive had tons of nausea and several bouts with morning sickness. My ob told me the sicker i am the healthier the pregnancy! On this day our new furniture was to be delivered as well so my sister and her 2 children came over to help. So about 30 min before the furniture was supposed to arrive i was standing in the kitchen and Emma and Jace were feeling of my tummy when all of a sudden i felt a leak. I went to the bathroom and realized my water was breaking. I called Jaramie and told him i was going to the er and we left. Unfortunately i had to wait about 45 min before they could get me back. I was crying so i had Jaramie wait in the er while i stood outside. I prayed. They finally called me back and did an ultrasound. The ultrasound tech wouldn't not tell me anything other than that there was a heart beat, which comforted me. She took me back to the room and we waited for the dr to come in. He finally did and told us that my water had in fact broken and there was very little left. He then admitted me to l&d (labor & delivery). About an hour and a half after i was settled in the ob on call finally came to talk to us. No good news, there was really no fluid left around the baby and that i probably would be going to deliver soon, or i could go ahead and induce. But there was a heart beat so inducing was not at all an option. He said the chances of this baby making it were less than 1%. So in my opinion there still is a chance! Jaramie asked if he had ever seen this happen before, he said no, I then said you haven't seen me before either. I also told him that through God all things are possible. Right then i realized this is my chance to really start witnessing to people, that maybe why all this was happening. I also had told my dad at the beginning of this pregnancy that i believed that this baby was going to bring my family together and change the world, i still do. So over the next few days we listened to the heart beat twice daily and they monitored my vitals. The heart beat was always normal. Normal is between 120 and 160bpm. It stayed around 140-150! The drs were expecting me to go into labor and deliver and they were watching bc having my sac ruptured is like having an open wound and i am in danger of getting a potentially deadly infection, and if i do they have to put my safety first and induce no matter if there is a heart beat or not. Still not sure i would let that happen. So after 48hrs they said we would do another u/s (ultrasound) and see if the fluid had re accumulated. When that time came we did the u/s and there was no re accumulation, we were hoping that the sac would have resealed. As the days went by i was so touched by how some of the drs told us we were in their prayers and other drs prayed with us. The nurses were phenomenal! They prayed with us, told us their miracle stories of faith and cried with us. It was probably most touching display of christian faith Ive ever experienced. It was really great when my niece Emma 4, said one day, i want to pray! So she got up by me and whispered a prayer. She since then told her mom that when my water had just broken here at my house Stef had sent them into the living room and she said she said a prayer for me then. She has also prayed with me since Ive been here at home. Its wonderful, Stefanie said that a child's prayer is one of the purest. I started to see how this what was a terrible experience for Jaramie and i was starting to be a beautiful display of many peoples faith in God, it was an entire experience of witness for many who needed it and was bringing some of my family together who had been estranged and that was so important to me! God is good! We are so thankful to everyone who came to the hospital with love, prayers, and support! Thanks Y'all!
So on mon. the ob came in and said he had spoken with a neonatologist in Little Rock and he said to send me home on strict bed rest and with a prescription of oral antibiotics.
Once we were home we had to get settled. Since we had just got new furniture my temporary bed would be our huge comfy sectional! It worked out good b/c when we picked it out i said i wanted one big enough that Jaramie and i could sleep on. Funny how things work out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristen - We're praying for you and Jaramie and Baby R. We serve a God who can work miracles, and I'm thankful you are leaning on him during this time.

    ReplyDelete