Welcome to my blog

This is my journey



Monday, May 17, 2010

A typical day for us now

Our lives have totaly changed now bc the doctors have me on strict bed rest. The only reason i can get up is to use the potty chair. How lovely! It will be totally worth it though. I started off not even showering but sponge bathing on my couch was not cutting it. I gave it a good try though, my sister Stefanie shaved my legs for me one day. My mom, sister, and Jaramie all washed my hair for me a few times by having me lay off of the edge of the couch and using a plastic tub. Jaramies mom helped me wash my face with a bowl of water and brush my teeth with a cup and bottle of water. Finally Jaramie's mom brought me a wheelchair and shower stool. You see the less i move around and stand the less chance of me losing fluid, it is important for the baby's lung function that there be some fluid in there for it to practice breathing. So now I take a shower every few days, some mothers that have experienced this only take a shower once a week, i try to go as long as i can. I want to say thanks to all my family for their help!!!! They are a huge help in bringing our baby into this world safely!!! I love y'all!!!
I take many vitamins and pills a day. I take vitamin E, C, Zinc, cranberry supplement, stool softeners, prenatal vitamins, and baby aspirin. The E, C, and Zinc can help aid in the sealing of my amniotic sac(praying that it will). The cranberry supplement is for warding off uti infections. The stool softener is so i dont have to push hard during a bm. Baby aspirin is to keep me from forming blood clots, i also have to wear anti-embolism stockings, i can only take them off for 30 min a day. I also drink milk and eat yogurt everyday to keep infections away as well. Along with drinking 64oz or more water a day. I have always had healthy eating habits which are great. Since i dont eat sweets that helps bc sugars bring on infections. I used to drink cokes all the time but i quit caffeine last oct and quit all sodas except sprite right before this happened, now i dont drink that either. Jaramie wakes up in the morning and cooks me breakfast and fills my water cups, then he gets me snack, refills my waters, makes lunch, then more snacks and water, then sometimes dinner and more waters, and then more snacks before we go to sleep. And he gets me all the little things i need in between. We he needs a break his mom Gail comes over or my sister will. My sister, Gail, and my mom also run errands and picks up groceries for us. My dad and brother have visited and brought food. Also we'd like to say thank you to the ladies at Needham Baptist Church for the meal, gifts, and prayers!!!! Jaramies mom usually cooks us dinner, calls when its ready and he goes and picks it up. She is responsible for me gaining 3 lbs in a week on one of my last dr's appt lol! Great food, we love it!! Mom almost always cooks something extra when she is here so all we can eat it at a later time. Everybody's help is greatly appreciated!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment