Welcome to my blog

This is my journey



Saturday, May 15, 2010

My childhood cancer

At the age of 5 i was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, Wilms tumor to be exact. I was treated at St Judes Childrens Research Hospital in Memphis Tn. A wonderful hospital where i was successfully treated at that never cost my family anything. God is good. My cancer had spread to both of my kidneys, spots on my lung, liver, spine, and was para-aortic(around an artery). The spot on my spine wasn't discovered until testing i had done at St Jude in January of this year and they said that it looks like the treatments had killed it. The tumor on my right kidney was about the size of a grapefruit. I had 3 major surgeries where they removed my right kidney and 2% of my left kidney. I also had radiation to my abdomen and chemotherapy where i lost my hair. God pulled my through it, he has always taken care of me and i know he always will. He has a great purpose for my life and i am proud. Since my successful treatments i have now been in remission for more than 20 years! Please send donations to www.StJude.org.

1 comment:

  1. I remember so much from when you were sick. You were so sick, but so happy. And your bald head was cute!

    ReplyDelete